Frequently asked Questions
You should pay attention to what parameters determine the authenticity of banknotes. The most accurate check of banknotes allows the analysis of the infrared spectrum (IR detection), as well as the authenticity is checked using UV detection, MG detection, optical analysis of the color spectrum.
- Workload. There is a division into 3 classes of sectors:
- non-banking sector (retail trade, gas stations, shops, restaurants, catering points, air ticket offices). This sector implies a small volume of work of about 10 million / day. Recommended models Cassida 5510, Cassida 5520
- banking and retail sector (savings bank, cash-in, cash-out, exchange office, cash-in-cash desk, accounting, shops, gas stations, air ticket offices). This sector implies a volume of up to 100 million / day. Recommended NexbillKL2000 models.
- banking sector of the first class (cash desk). This implies very large volumes. Recommended model is Billcon N 120A.
- Does the counting machine have different types of detection for correct counting of banknotes: detection for double banknotes, chain of banknotes, banknote integrity
- How correctly does the machine count, i.e. "Isn't he cheating." This can be verified by counting a known number of banknotes several times.
- As far as the manufacturer's warranty is given. The wear of spare parts, taking into account local factors, occurs relatively quickly. To avoid further costs, pay attention to the warranty.
If you have never in your life come across the purchase of a safe, if you have never even had to use it, and when you mention this item, your imagination draws frames from old Soviet films about spies, but at the same time you are now suddenly faced with the task of acquiring a safe, be sure to carefully read this article. The production of safes has stepped a little further than a common man in the street can imagine. By the way, along with the production, hunters for the contents of safes have also advanced.
Before you go to the store and baffle the safe sellers with your worries, you need to answer yourself a few questions. This is all the more important because the safe assortment, even in a specialized store, is not always so wide that it has exactly the model that will suit your particular case. So.
First of all, in which room is the safe to be installed?
A small safe is also suitable for an apartment. However, both large and small (especially up to 70-80 kg) safe must be fixed to the wall or the floor, or figure out how and where it can be built. In most cases, burglars never try to open a safe in an apartment in order to avoid unnecessary noise, but try to take it out in order to perform the burglary procedure in a comfortable environment. Therefore, the safe attachment system will not allow a crook to simply carry it along with your valuables. When buying a safe, please note: there must be mounting holes on the back and / or bottom wall from the inside. It is recommended to fasten it with anchor bolts made of strong steel, withstanding a breaking load from 500 kg to 3 tons (length from 5 to 30 cm, diameter from 5 to 20 mm).
The area of a country house, as a rule, will allow you to have several safes. This is ideal. In one safe you can store valuables, and in another, for example, documents. Pure psychology plays here: even having found one of the safes, the robber may not even guess about the existence of the second one. Just like in the case of an apartment safe, here it is also worth thinking about and attaching the safe to the wall or floor.
The safe in the office must be selected depending on the expected amount of valuables. To store a seal, you can get by with a safe and a minimum size, for important documents and papers - the average size of the safe will be better. For an office, the safe can be of a "chest of drawers" type with drawers with a hanging file system.
What, in your opinion, will most threaten the contents of the safe?
Alas, most safes cannot protect your valuables from all adversity at once: from thieves, and from fire, and from burglary. Therefore, try to choose a priority in this regard, and depending on this, buy a safe: burglar-resistant or fire-resistant. According to statistics, for nine cases of fire in a room with a safe, there is one break in the safe.
You will need a fireproof (fireproof) safe if your main concern is keeping important documents intact in the event of a fire. And you will take extra care from thieves and casual eyes by handing over the premises to security or simply placing a metal door. The space between the walls of fire-resistant safes is filled with refractory concrete with low thermal conductivity. However, this concrete is unlikely to protect against a burglar. The fire resistance of a safe is determined by the time during which, under the influence of fire, the temperature inside the safe will not exceed a critical value (usually 60 or 120 minutes, maximum - 4 hours), as well as the type of value for storage ("B" - money, documents, papers; " D "- the same plus magnetic disks and tapes, film and photographic films;" DIS "- all of the above and floppy magnetic disks).
It is worth purchasing a burglar-proof safe if you care, first of all, that no one can get to the one stored in it. Such safes are much heavier than fire-resistant ones. Instead of light refractory concrete, heavy high-strength concrete, often reinforced with metal, with additions of corundum or granite chips, is poured between the steel plates of the walls of the burglar-resistant safe, so that it is difficult to influence the case with any tools or objects. In addition to special concrete, the burglar resistance of the safe is ensured by the lock: key, coded mechanical and electronic. The classic version is key locks. Lever locks are usually used in safes, which are not easy to break, but it is impossible to crack silently. The key for lever locks is grooved - the number of grooves determines the number of levers in the lock, and their different depth determines the uniqueness of the key. Coded mechanical locks are available with a fixed (cheaper and less secure option) and with a changeable code. Electronic locks have sophisticated functions of protection against the selection of the coveted code and allow not only to change the code from time to time, but also to connect the safe to the security panel. True, electronic locks have one significant drawback - dependence on an energy source. The perfect safe combines at least two types of locks. To determine the class of burglary resistance of a safe, there is a digital scale - from 1 to 15. When assessing the class of a safe, the time it takes a burglar to get to the contents and the devices that a bugbear would have to use to open the case are taken into account. The higher the class, the longer the safe will resist burglary. Safes up to the 3rd class of burglary resistance are used in everyday life; Class 4 safes are used to store money; Class 5 safes are designed for storing jewelry and special storage items; safes from 6th to 15th grade are made to order only. Despite the fact that there are 15 burglary resistance classes in total (according to the Russian standard, GOST R-50862-96, these classes are 10), safes with a class higher than 5 are practically not found on the market.
By the way, universal safes do exist. However, you should not count on the combination of the high fire resistance of such a safe together with the same high level of burglary protection - one of the two indicators is certainly lame. In practice, such safes combine the minimum security classes: 1st class of burglary resistance and 60 minutes of fire resistance.
What is the volume and quantity of items to be stored in the safe?
Imagine the volume of items to be stored in the safe, and not only on the day of purchase of the safe, but also for the future. In addition, you should present the objects that you intend to store in a safe, because manufacturers are ready to offer night deposit safes, and safes for storing weapons, and built-in safes, and cache safes, furniture, hotel and many other types.
What is the value of the valuables that you intend to keep in the safe?
Safe manufacturers recommend that the value of the safe is at least 1/5 of the value of the valuables stored in it.
How often will you open the safe?
With frequent use, it is more convenient to use the key lock. It is very easy to use. Although, I must admit that it will not be difficult for a fraudster to steal a key or fake it. If you intend to use the safe rarely, then a mechanical combination lock is ideal. And the code ... The main thing is not to forget it ...
1. When buying a safe, choose a company that provides warranty and post-warranty service (from opening the safe in case of loss of a key or code to its repair).
2. To assess the actual quality of the safe, it is very important to make sure that the declared quality parameters are indeed confirmed by the certification plates, which are located on the inside of the safe door. These plates must indicate: the country of origin; the name of the organization that carried out the certification; the standard by which a particular safe is certified; additional information may be provided. All models of safes must be provided with test certificates according to the standards of the country of origin and at the same time certificates of compliance with GOST R 50862-96. Otherwise, the declared degrees of fire resistance or the class of resistance to burglary may not correspond to those indicated in the documents.
3. Having received two keys with the safe, one of them must be safely hidden. But not in a safe, as for some reason 99% of safe owners do.
4. For ease of memorizing the password to the safe, try to associate the lock code with something memorable for you. But not with your phone number, zip code or your birthday - the cracker may know a little more about you than you think.
And the last thing. No matter how expensive and modern construction you buy, do not forget that everything that is created by man can be destroyed by him - if you wish, you can open any safe.